Why is SEO crucial for your e-commerce business?
SEO is a long-term strategy. You won’t see results immediately, but you’ll see them eventually if you’re patient and consistent with your optimization efforts.
SEO is a low-cost strategy. You don’t have to spend thousands or even hundreds of dollars on PPC, or other paid advertising campaigns to get ranked on Google; all you need are some keywords, some time, and the right tools for setting up your website correctly so that it can be crawled easily by Google’s bots (aka crawlers).
SEO is a scalable strategy. The more visitors that visit your site due to SEO rankings, the more people learn about what you do—and they may even decide they want what you’re selling!
SEO is a measurable strategy: If people are searching for something related to what it is that your business sells online via search engines like Google and Bing®, then those same people are likely going over there right now instead of returning later when they’re ready to buy something because they’ve already seen what’s available as well as how much different products cost at other retailers such as Walmart®or Amazon™but didn’t necessarily end up buying anything yet.”
SEO for E-commerce: The Fundamentals
SEO for e-commerce is a long-term strategy, so you should not expect results overnight. It’s also a complex process, which requires that you take into account many different factors:
- Keyword research
- On-page optimization (including title tags and meta descriptions)
- Site structure optimization (navigation, internal linking)
- Off-page optimization (referring to links from other sites)
Why Do You Need a Dedicated SEO Campaign For Your E-Commerce Website?
The first and foremost thing you must understand is that SEO is an ongoing process consisting of several different components, each requiring a lot of time and effort. If your website is ranked at the top, you must ensure that all the significant aspects are taken care of properly.
Like any other business strategy, SEO has its upsides and downsides. On the one hand, it helps increase brand awareness among your target audience; on the other hand, it takes up quite some time before seeing any results. So if your budget doesn’t allow for spending thousands of dollars on hiring an expert or outsourcing affordable SEM experts, then there’s not much left for you but wait patiently until something happens magically on its own!
The three main pillars of e-commerce SEO
The three main pillars of e-commerce SEO are:
- Product page optimization
- Link building (or link acquisition)
- Content marketing
Ready to start ranking? The first step is keyword research. In this section, we’ll discuss the importance of keyword research and how to do it properly.
Keyword Research Is Essential
You can’t have an effective website without proper keywords. Keywords are the phrases people use when searching for products or services online, so they’re vital to your SEO success—and if a customer can’t find your site, they’ll leave and go elsewhere!
There are two types of keywords: long-tail keywords (three or more words) and short-tail keywords (one or two words). Long-tail keywords are generally easier to rank because they have fewer competitors than short ones; however, both types should be included in your strategy to reach all potential customers who might find your helpful business!
Optimize the product page
Once you’ve got a solid foundation, it’s time to focus on optimizing the product page itself. This is where your potential customers will be most of their time, so you must get this right.
- Your title should be optimized for your target keywords (see above).
- Your description should include information about each product option, such as colour and size, and other relevant details (e.g., shipping policy).
- Ensure that the main image includes all the necessary information about each product option, including colour and size. It’s also important that this image looks great on mobile devices since around 60% of Google searches occur on mobile now!
Link building strategy
Link building is a critical part of eCommerce SEO, and you will need links from relevant websites to rank in the top 10 for competitive keywords. The good news is that link building can be one of the most rewarding activities for your store because it will put your products in front of more potential customers and drive sales.
While link building may seem complicated at first, it’s pretty simple when broken down into steps:
- Find relevant websites that have authority within your industry and offer quality content (don’t worry about getting links from big sites like Amazon or Walmart until later)
- Contact those sites using an outreach campaign (you can use tools like Buzzsumo or Ahrefs to find contact information)
- Send personalized messages explaining why they should add links back to your site
Highly profitable e-commerce marketing strategies to grow your brand and boost sales
Now that you know what SEO is, what it can do for your e-commerce business, and how to get started, let’s take a look at some of the most effective ways to use SEO as an e-commerce marketer.
- Get more traffic to your website: SEO increases your site’s visibility & relevance in search results. When people search online using keywords related to your products or services, they should be able to find you easily when you rank high on Google and other search engines like Bing and Yahoo!
- Increase conversion rate: Visitors who find their way onto your site are likely looking for something specific — a product or service that you offer — so make sure there are clear calls-to-action (CTAs) throughout each page that guides them through the purchase process until they place an order on either mobile or desktop devices without having any problems whatsoever. This ensures they don’t leave before completing a transaction due to a lack of knowledge about where/how much everything costs before deciding whether to buy something now or later after doing research online again (e..g price comparison).
Magento eCommerce is open-source software that enables you to create a website where you can sell products and services. With Magento, you can install extensions and themes to customize your store as you see fit.
Magento is a great eCommerce platform. It’s powerful, flexible, and customizable. It also has a solid track record of being able to handle huge websites—and if you’re looking for a tool that can scale with your business, Magento is a great choice!
However, Magento does require some technical know-how if you want to customize the platform. So if you don’t have any experience in web development or design, then it may be worth considering an alternative platform that offers more out-of-the-box functionality.
What Do We Offer?
We boost website revenue with SEO. Our search engine optimization experts from Toronto help you become more visible on the internet. Our strategies for you focus on creating your online presence by getting you high-authority links, citations and keywords, optimizing your Google My Business listing, and leveraging your business’s presence in local Google search rankings.
You can use this guide to get started with your e-commerce SEO campaign. It’s not exhaustive and doesn’t cover everything you need to know about SEO, but it gives you a good overview of what works best for e-commerce websites. We hope this helps!